Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 21, 2009

Nature's Gate Extra Strength Spot Corrector


One of the things I recently bought from Healthy Options is this: Nature's Gate Natural Results SA Acne Tx Extra Strength Spot Corrector (Uh, really long name huh?).






As I've probably said a million times over, I love Salicylic Acid, or rather my face does. I am allergic to Benzoyl Peroxide, one of the main treatments for acne so this does it for me. Also BP made my face geisha like since I started using it as prescribed by my derma way back in high school. I never noticed that I was walking the world with a head that looked different from my body until I got into makeup 3 years ago. Then I had the problem of evening out my skin tone so my face and neck matched, haaay!

Anyway, back to the product, I got this for P300+ for a half ounce tube (sells for $9.99 in the US so it's much cheaper here in Manila). It's organic (hurray!) containing 2% salicylic acid as it's active ingredient plus other good stuff like lemongrass, echinacea, ginger root extract, pumpkin seed extract, etc. It is a bit thick going on but you just have to spread it well. Only a little bit is needed and the packaging dispenses just a little at a time since the nozzle is tiny. No product is wasted. Plus, there is no strong medicinal smell.

It is dermatologist-tested, Paraben free and can be used up to 2 times a day (I use it twice a day). And like all acne treatments, a good sunscreen should be used daily while using this.



I've been using it for more than 4 weeks now and it healed the little breakouts I had (from trying out a product to be posted later). It does help quickly but gently combat those nasty zits while not drying out my skin. Usually topical meds like this (especially extra strength ones) would give you the flakies but it didn't for me.

I will definitely continue using this because it isn't that expensive, it's organic and it works.

No comments: