Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 13, 2009

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Waterlight Lotion SPF 50



My new HG sunblock! What can I say? I loved Olay Complete but they phased out the one I use. I discovered Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch SPF 50 but this new one is even better.









The new Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Complete UV Waterlight Lotion SPF 50. It only costs P460 per 30 ml bottle. It does seem a bit more expensive than the the Dry Touch one which is 3 oz at P509 but I use this one whenever I wear mineral makeup. It is a very good base, it even says so in the bottle.

While the Dry Touch is a cream type, this is more watery. You need to shake the bottle well prior to use. The tip opening is small though so you get control on how much product is dispensed. It smells like the Dry Touch one, not really a sunblock smell but is more refreshing and not too floral.



It dries quickly to a matte finish on my oily face. Again, no breakouts at all and no itchies. Regarding the sunblock properties, I've used it on very sunny days and my face did not darken. My face wasn't an oil slick after a few hours either (which often times happened with Olay Complete right after application).

There are 2 variants of this new product. First is the one I mentioned and second is the Ultra Sheer Complete UV Moisture. It is also in a 30ml bottle much like the former and costs the same at P460. My mom got this one and I tried to see what the difference between the 2 are.

The lotion is more watery (hence the need to shake the bottle)) while Moisture is like Dry Touch, a more creamy type. You also don't need to shake this one. The Waterlight Lotion, I presume is more suitable for oily skin like mine since it is lighter and less creamy. It does not say for what skin type on the bottle so I am presuming any skin type can use both. I am just basing it on how the sunblocks feel on the skin. Also, since it says "Moisture" on the other bottle, it probably works better on those with dry to normal skin or those who want more moisture to their face. I can't comment on the moisturising properties of both because I have oily skin and I use a different moisturizer that's why I got the Waterlight Lotion.

Both have a satiny feel on the skin leaving it soft and matte (or semi-matte). Foundation went on smoothly, too. I just wished they came in a bigger bottle. Well, it would still last long if I don't use it daily. I have the Dry Touch for that.

This is available at all leading department stores and supermarkets. I had a tough time finding mine initially 2 weeks ago. I couldn't find it in Rustan's Supermarket or Essences, not at Robinson's Dept. Store. Instead I got mine at Robinson's Supermarket. I also found this at bigger Watson's stores.

No comments: