Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Nail Polish Haul

Got all these from Head2toebeauty.com.  They sell OPI, China Glaze, Misa, Essie, etc. for a fraction of the price of their own websites and there are a variety of choices.  They do ship internationally but it is a bit expensive.  I ordered thru a friend who ships them via balikbayan box.  The wait is a bit longer but it beats dealing with customs people at the post office.

My first Misa polishes (no base coat, no top coat):


The Grass Is Greener On My Side:
almost neon green that dries matte
(no flash)
(with flash)


A Sin Worth Committing:
a navy blue with shimmer
(no flash)
(with flash)

Push Upon It:
a berry shade which I love
(no flash)
(with flash)


Fashionista:
mauve shade
(no flash)
(with flash)

Dirty, Sexy Money:
teal shade that is so unique
(no flash)
(with flash)


From China Glaze:

I got the Orange Cuticle Oil and Strawberry Fields polish.



Strawberry Fields:
bright pink with gold shimmer
(no flash)
(with flash)


And 1 polish corrector pen.




I'm using Dirty Sexy Money on my toes right now and the shade is really nice.  Goes well with my tanned footsies.  Misa np's applied well, not runny and dried quickly although I do use a Poshe quick-dry topcoat.  Some shades were a bit thick when I got them but a few drops of Poshe Polish Reviver would probably do the trick.  I haven't tried out the Orange Cuticle Oil and will post once I do so.

You also might be wondering why I get my np's abroad when there are a lot here.  The reason is that MOST (not all) of their new formulas are Big 3 free meaning the 3 harmful chemicals in regular polishes (formaldehyde, toluene and DBP) are not used.   Not that all polishes are bad but I'd rather be on the safe side plus our local department stores sell these babies like they're gold.  Cheaper to get them from e-tailers like Head2Toebeauty, 8ty8beauty and Transdesign. Plus, they have better quality (for me) and have long shelf lives.

So many new collections from OPI, Essie and China Glaze are coming out and I can't wait for the next haul.  




No comments: