Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 15, 2009

Back from Vacay!


I'm back!  We went to Boracay with the family and had a great time.  



This is my 3rd time to go here and we stayed at Fairways and Bluewater Resort.  Our room was huge!  It had 2 queen size beds, cable TV, kitchenette, a huge bathroom and balcony.  Not to mention the VIP treatment for all guests since it is a 5 star hotel.  



We had the pool and beach all to ourselves since it is a private beach.  



The hotel was far from White Beach and D'Mall but we had 24 hour free shuttle service for drop offs and pick-ups at D'Mall every 30 minutes so we didn't have any problems.  Hubby wanted to play golf but the green fee was expensive!  He said he could play 4 times over at Veterans for the same amount (Php4,500 not including caddy, mandatory golf cart and golf clubs rental since he didn't bring his set).

We went island hopping/boat riding for 3 hours on our 2nd day and fed the fish at Crocodile Island.  We went to Puka beach but didn't dock there anymore.



We saw all the other resorts around Boracay like the newly-opened Shangrila Boracay



 and even Manny Pacquiao's resort being built. 
 


On the 3rd day we went on a buggy up to the highest peak of the island, Mt. Luho.  That was a thrill especially for my little girl.  One of the views was that of the golf course and the hotel we were staying at.




The 4th day, we woke up to a heavy downpour.  



Good thing it stopped after we had our breakfast.  I didn't plan on going swimming that day so I didn't wear my swimsuit but the sun was shining brightly so into the beach I went fully clothed, ha ha!  


Luckily (or unluckily?) I was wearing a spaghetti strap top and just rolled up my shorts.  I was also wearing my contact lenses so I just kept my eyes shut whenever I swam.  I did put on sunblock but I think I didn't put some on top of my shoulders because now I am badly burnt.  It hurts so bad and I think the last time I got sunburned was when I was less than 10 years old. 

White Beach was a bit of a disappointment for me compared to the previous times I've been there because there was no beach to speak of especially during high tide.  My mom wasn't able to go to the grotto because we had to wade in waist deep water.  Before I could walk all the way there without getting my feet wet.  The water was up to most of the restos barrier walls.  I guess that's what global warming does.  I hope somehow Boracay can be spared because it is such a beautiful place.  My DD's exact words were "I want to stay here forever!". 

We had a bad experience with the airline though.  I got a text at noon before we were about to leave that our flight back home was cancelled!!!  Of course we got stressed booking for another flight and the airline couldn't even give a reason why it was cancelled.  We ended up having to go to Kalibo which was 1.5 hours away by shuttle to catch our flight that night which they didn't even pay for.  I won't even mention the bad experience we had at the NAIA 3 airport on our departure date to Boracay.

All the holiday spirit we had flew out the window in that stressful period.  Now I have to deal with my sunburn.

No comments: