Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 19, 2009

My Ecotools Brush Set


You've probably heard so many bloggers post about their Ecotools brushes, huh?  Well, here's another post from me :-)

Actually I've had the full sized powder brush since November of last year which I posted here.   The store didn't have stocks of the sets until I saw Toma of The Makeup Mix Shop carry the Ecotools brush line.  She is a blessing for us international customers because she carries those that are not readily available to us like NYX, Avon Magix, Ecotools, other brands and even her own minerals.   I've ordered from her a number of times and she has topnotch CS with very reasonable international shipping (even comes free for orders $20 and up).



Back to my brush set....I got the 5 pc. mineral brush set because I was paricularly interested in the eye shadow brush and the powder brush.  The brushes are soft with no offensive smell.  I've washed my brushes and they haven't shed (yet).  I've used the kabuki to apply my mineral foundation and setting powders and it does the job well although I do prefer long-handled kabukis.  The powder brush is much smaller than the other Ecotools powder brush I have and I prefer this one because there is more control in applying with the bristles on this one.  The full sized one is so much more softer and fluffier that I feel the powder doesn't apply on my face well. I don't know if it's just me but this is what I've noticed.  






The eyeshadow brush seems a bit too big for the crease area of my eye but I can probably make it work for blending.  The concealer brush is just the right size and is not too soft that it would be difficult to apply and blend concealers.  

The hemp brush case is a bit too small that you have to put in the brushes sideways but it's still pretty handy to carry along for travel.

I think I'll get the other brush set (6pc.) soon plus other items from The Makeup Mix Shop.


This is the freebie mineral pigment that came along with my order:

  

No comments: