Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Jane Be Pure Mineral Blush


I got my Drugstore.com haul more than a week ago and included is this Jane Be Pure Mineral blush.  Been eyeing it since last year and at only $4.99 per compact, I had to have it, LOL!  

  
(with flash)


(no flash)


Ingredients are:

"Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Ehtylhexyl Palmitate, Zinc Stearate, Juniperus Communis Extract (Juniper), Aloe Barbadensis Extract, Urtica Dioica Extract (Nettle), Sambucus Nigra Flowers (Elder), Propylene Glycol, Tocopherol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Butylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tin Oxide, May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850:2), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850:1), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410:2), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Carmine (CI 75470), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)"

Not so pure in my opinion but I do use traditional blushes too.  It's only the foundation and finishing powder that has to be pure minerals for me or I'd get breakouts.  Much as I'd like my mineral blushes pure, they usually come in loose powder form.  Those in compacts or in pressed powder form are easier for me to travel with. 

Anyway, I got the shade Rose Satin which looks like the darkest shade.  The powder itself applies silky on the cheeks.  It's not chalky or powdery when you swipe the brush and is fairly pigmented.  The shade looks natural on me.  It does last a long time on my oily skin which is a major plus factor!  


(no flash, natural light)


Swatch:

(no flash)



(with flash)


The compact is cute and the bottom opens up where you'll find a mirror and a brush included.   The brush, you can discard because it is so tiny and scratchy like most drugstore blush brushes. 
 



I want to try the other shades but I have a feeling they won't show up on my medium-toned skin like Rose Satin does.  Hopefully they make darker shades of this because quality is good and price is soo right!


Photo with Jane Be Pure mineral blush in Rose Satin.  
(Sorry, no other m/u on my face, just MAC Tinted lip conditioner in Petting Pink).


No comments: