Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Jesse's Girl

...Cosmetics, not the song LOL!

After reading lots of good reviews and seeing YouTube vids on these (esp. Christiana's enabling in her blog) I caved in. Oh, I slept on it for a few days before pressing the "buy" button.

In the US it's available in select Rite Aid stores for $4.99 a piece but it's cheaper online because of their promo of buying the set of 4 for only $17. It's ships free in the US (orders over $20) but international shipping is only $7.95.

Here's the link:

Jesse's Girl Cosmetics

I got the following:

Color My World Collection


Aqua


Earthtone

These look so much like MAC's Electroflash collection (baked mineralized shadows) and the reviews said they are really good dupes of MAC for a very cheap price and for a bigger size. All 4 of these at $17 is equal to just 1 MAC electroflash shadow. Good buy huh? The Volcanic shade can also be used as a blush and maybe Earthtone can be used to contour. We'll see when I get mine.

Bejewelled Palettes


#2


#4

There are 2 other quads in the Bejewelled set: #1 (grays, blacks) and #3 (greens, blues) but I only got these 2 bec. these are more me and I'd use these more than the other 2.

This is what the cover of the palette quads look like. Pretty isn't it?


Bejeweled-Display


I really prefer having palettes now rather than loose pigments because I'm always in a hurry when it comes to dressing up and putting on mmu. The loose pigments in jars or baggies are a real hindrance for me so I rarely put on e/s nowadays.
Since I decided to get these e/s, I passed on getting my lemming of Dreamworld's Atlantis collection samples when I ordered my FS finishing powders today. I also passed on getting the NYX trio e/s since these are cheaper. And I think I'm going to sell at least half of my mmu e/s collection (I have 200+ pigments in baggies that I rarely use). Yeah, I just might do that.

I can't wait for these to ship out. I hope I get them soon.

No comments: