Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Night Cream



Ever since I was in my teens I've been prescribed Retinol medication for my acne. Who knows how long I've used it but my acne was still there albeit controlled...but still present.

Okay so I know it (topical ones) didn't do anything dramatic for my acne (except for Accutane which I took 2 cycles of), I know it is good for exfoliation and prevention of lines and wrinkles. That was probably the only good effect I got from it.

Fast forward a few years. I came across RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Night Cream and read positive reviews about it. I purchased it for $17 at Amazon last year since it isn't available locally. It claims to have intensive anti-wrinkle moisturizing treatment reducing expression lines and deep wrinkles. Plus you get visible results in 12 weeks.




The cream is white and not greasy, absorbed right away by the skin but it has a strong floral smell. I could smell it on me even as I was about to sleep. Yeah, it made me a bit nauseous as all floral scents do (no offense to those who like foral scents). I used it initially on my forehead and around the nose where frown lines and expression lines are but I got bumps in a matter of 2 days! I knew the culprit was the retinol so I stopped temporarily until my face cleared. I tried it again a few days later and...bumps!

Okay I stopped using it on those areas and started it below my eyes where I have a very deep line across both lower lids. So far so good, no bumps. I continued using it only at night (it is a night cream and retinol should not be used in the daytime coz it makes the skin more sensitive to the sun hence the use of high SPF). I was hopeful for the reduction of the lines.

It's now been 6 months since I started using it. Effect? NOTHING!!! On me at least. I did not see any line reduction but there were no new ones though. But still, I at least hoped for a bit shallower lines. I wasted $17!!! And I'm nowhere near finished with the tube as it's still at least 3/4 full of the 1 oz. tube because only a little is needed for both undereyes. I also got used to the floral smell that I didn't mind it anymore but I know it is still there.

A few days ago I decided to stop using it and started on the ANEW Rejuvenate 24 Hour Eye Cream (Day Cream SPF 25 and Night Cream) from Avon. I'll post on it when I've used it for a few weeks.

I'll just use the RoC on my neck instead so it won't go to waste. I hope I don't get breakouts on my neck!!!

No comments: