Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 9, 2009

Stila Lip Glaze Stick

I got this last year as a GWP (gift with purchase) and was planning on selling it. The other day I started reading reviews about it on Makeup Alley and was surprised that it got very high ratings. Well, I guess it's stuck with me now because I'm keeping it.

This is the Stila Lip Glaze Stick in Blackberry.



Website states:

"Available in the same flavors and hues as our popular stila lip glazes, these pencil-like sticks come in the same rich, moisturizing formula that your lips love. A high level of pearl in each shade has upped the shimmer factor for a luminous pout. Sharpener not included."

This particular shade in Blackberry was surprising to me. I never used it since I got it because it looked so dark. After reading the reviews that said it looked like a dupe for Clinique's Almost Lipstick in Black Honey, I became curious. Clinique's Black Honey has been on my lemming list since way back when a classmate of mine had it.

I took it out from where I stored it and tried it on. It does apply sheer and soft on the lips with a berry color that isn't dark at all. There was very fine gold shimmer that made the shade look much more pretty. It isn't sticky and can be layered to make it look darker when needed. Oh, yes! This is definitely a keeper.

(photo with flash)



(without flash)


See the fine gold shimmer (click on the photo so you can see it)? I applied it lightly on my lips that's why it doesn't look so dark.

Just wished it had a sharpener included because it is in pencil form. I think it retails for $16.50 in the Stila website and Sephora or wherever Stila is available (unfortunately it isn't available in the Philippines). Lucky me, I got it free :-)

No comments: