Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, February 6, 2009

Lumiere Swatches

Swatches of my Lumiere pigments, all swatched dry, no base:

Indoor light with flash


Shades:

1. Be True Silk Radiance
2. Island Sands Silk Radiance
3. Natural Radiance AOFC
4. Gleeful Silk Radiance
5. Cherry Blossom Silk Blush
6. Ditto "O" mineral blush
7. Honey Brown shimmer e/s
8. Foliage shimmer e/s
9. Peppermint Patti glitz e/s

***
Cherry Blossom isn't as dark as I initially thought it would be so I only got a trial size, which is good. Both Be True and Gleeful would stand alone, for me, as a blush since they are both pigmented and darker colored radiances. Ditto 'O' does look so pretty. It was done as a dupe for NARS Orgasm blush and since I don't have the latter, I can't compare.

I love the e/s colors I chose and I know they would coordinate well with each other. They're not too shimmery and with a light hand can be used for everyday looks. Applied foiled, these would stand out as all Lumiere shadows do.

Regarding the vials, those for the trial size/small size ones for shadows, I kinda like. My small shadow brushes can fit into the opening or I could just get the powder sticking to the inner lid. Those for the blushes/radiances, however, I have to transfer a small amount into the mixing bowl. Good thing my mmu drawers can fit these vials standing up so no problems for me regarding storage.

The Medium sized swirly bowl I got is too small to fit my large powder brushes. I should have gotten the Large size too. The Medium is slightly bigger than a 10 gr. jar for comparison but much smaller than a 20 gm jar.

***
Other views of the swatches:

No flash, near window, cloudy



With flash, near window, cloudy

No comments: