Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 21, 2008

Weekend FOTDs

A few FOTDs from different weekends:

Sunday, April 13
We went to my friend's house in Pampanga. We weren't able to go a few months ago during their house-warming party. Their house is so beautiful.

Face:


A very hot and uber humid day!
Bare Naturals S5 primer
Joppa Medium #3 foundation
Joppa finishing silk in Medium and Rosey
Joppa Earthen Rose blush
Lumiere Bare Skin silk radiance on cheeks
Lips:
VS Beauty Rush in Oatstanding (gone because this was taken after lunch)
Eyes:
UDPP
Valerie Beauty Delicate Sweetness all over lid
Valerie Beauty Faerie on lashline to crease

*********************
Saturday, April 19
I attended my mom's office party for a comic book launch at Fully Booked in BHS. There were games and food for the kids (and grownups). Lots of Krispy Kreme donuts were given away and I had my fill. Yum!



Face:
Camellia Rose Skin smoothing Primer V2.0 on face and eyelids (this makes a real good eye primer too)
Cory Beyond Cream foundation (a bit light for me, I need a darker shade)
UGG Buttercup concealer on undereye
AL Pure Cover #5 concealer on some spots
Joppa finishing silk in Medium and Rosey
EDM Wafflecone blush
SN Halo Glow on cheeks
Lips:
VS Beauty Rush l/g in Oatstanding

Eyes:


Camellia Rose V2.0 primer (my e/s lasted around 6 hours before it creased! UDPP is still my HG but this works too)
SN Unblush all over lid
Aromaleigh Lorelei from lashline to crease
Aromaleigh Sophie on crease and outer V
Aromaleigh Nectar Rouge above crease (doesn't show up as blush on me)
Indelible Gel Liner in Magnetism


After the book launch I went up a floor to a bazaar where Ellana Minerals had a booth. I met Coney personally at last. We've known each other for more than 2 years thru GT, her online store and thru texts. I've even seen her do guestings on TV. I bought a few items from her mineral line too:



I got the Hazelnut Latte Premium blend foundation for my mom, Espresso Con Panna Oil Control finishing Powder and Flirtation sheer blush for myself. I only got the 10 gr jar sizes and I think I match the Caramel Latte foundation shade. I didn't get it yet but I plan to order it soon. The foundation fullsized jars are as big as the EDM FS jars and they are very cheap!



Flirtation blush in the photo above looks scary bright pink in the jar. Applied with a light hand, it is very sheer and looks natural.

***********************************
Sunday, April 20
Went over to the in-laws because it was my brother-in-law's birthday lunch.

Face:



Camellia Rose Skin Smoothing Primer V2.0
Meow Pampered Puss in Naughty Abyssinian
Ellana Minerals Espresso Con Panna finishing powder
Aromaleigh Coquille Powder in Nectarine
Blush:
Ellana Minerals in Flirtation
Lips:
MAC Tinted Lip Conditioner in Petting Pink
Eyes:
Camellia Rose V2.0 primer
Valerie Beauty Something Old flexi from lashline to crease
Valerie Beauty Gratitude flexi on crease and outer V

Went to the mall (after almost a month of not going to the mall!) to do some errands. Bought odds and ends for the home and skincare products:

Playtex Baby Magic Daily Protective Lotion for faces in SPF 20 for my daughter ( a 5 oz. tube for only Php145 or $3.50). I could also use this as base and sunscreen because it has dimethicone and is waterproof. I got Mario Badescu Glycolic Gel. I got a sample of this from my last purchase of MB and I liked it. Glycolic acid is good for my acne-prone and super oily skin since my Dermatologist gives me monthly peels with this. I got one from Lure Beauty a few months ago but MB is readily available here so I opted to get this instead.



I love buying from Mario Badescu because the products work for me and partly because they give out lots of freebies of other products for me to try . It is not completely all-natural but at least they don't have too many unnecessary stuff in them. I have incorporated this product line in my skin care regimen along with emu oil and emu soap. Freebies i got in sample sizes for this purchase:

I have a FS of the Glycolic Foaming Cleanser so I just put in the samples I got into the big bottle. At least I won't have to buy a new one since it filled up to 1/3 the bottle, ha ha. I use this cleanser 2-3x a week for deep cleansing. I tried out the Orange Tonic Mask today and it smelled real good. My face looked like it had lesser pores/ smooth :-)

The Herbal Hydrating Serum is a very light moisturiser good for oily skin. Again, I used it this morning and surprisingly, my face had lesser oil-production. (I think that SA at the store is getting me hooked on another product again). The eye cream I gave to my husband since I use emu oil for my eye area now lest I get milia again from over-moisturizing my face.

I also use the Acne line of MB: Silver Powder (occasionally), Special Healing Powder (this is like MMU finishing powder), Buffering Lotion (my HG for cystic acne although I haven't had any breakouts for a while *knock on wood*. Also I have Camellia Rose Bye Bye Zit Serum to use as an alternative now), and Drying Cream (dries out superficial zits fast).

Other products I use:
-Sebamed Face and Body Liquid Cleanser (at night esp. because it removes makeup completely) -Aveeno Clear Complexion Cleanser in the morning (I've been using this for almost 1 month now)
-Emu soap from Lure Beauty (during daytime baths)
-Lush Tea Tree toner (mid-day toner, for wet application of foundation and to set my mmu)
-Mario Badescu Special cucumber Lotion (my morning toner)
-VMV Green line toner (has Clindamycin and Retinol, my night time toner)
-Olay UV whitening lotion SPF 24 for regular daytime use alternate with my Derm's own Matte Tinted Sunblock SPF 15 (for going out since it is matte)
-Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque (occasionally, when I need a quick refresher for my skin, also dries up zits if left on spots overnight)

So there is my complicated skin care regimen. I don't use all these at the same time as I've said. At least now my skin is looking much better since I've battled with acne my whole life since I was a teenager.

No comments: