Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 28, 2008

DW FOTD, SPF Musings

Went to a dog show yesterday which my daughter kept asking us to go to. There was a dog frisbee challenge that was fun to watch.
FOTD:



Baby Magic Daily Protection Lotion for faces SPF 20 as primer
Dreamworld Luna foundation in Themis-Hebe mix
DW Butterscotch Creme Topping
AL Coquille Powder in Nectarine
Blush: DW Pixie Sunset
Lips: Kiehl's Tinted Lipbalm
Eyes:



UDPP as primer
SN Unblush all over
DW Athena from lashline to crease
DW Sweet Cream as highlight

******************************
I've been "obsessing" for the past few months, or maybe the past year on and off, about sunscreen for the face. We all know it is very important to put on sunblock for the face and body because of our current global situation (global warming, ozone depletion). Even indoor light, computer and TV screens emit UV rays that protection is needed. Even if I am not Caucasian (which are more prone to skin cancers because they have lesser melanin in their skin) and have a darker skintone, I still need the SPF. Minimum of SPF15 for the face for daily use and higher if outdoors. And don't forget the benefit of putting on sunblock daily on the face: looking young even when you're much older!
I've been using Olay UV Whitening Lotion SPF 24 for my face and neck as AM moisturiser the past year but I am still on the lookout for better ones out there. This also works as primer underneath MMU if I'm in a hurry. I've tried lots of local brands but still end up going back to Olay. Lucky me I never broke out with it's use.

A few weeks ago I came across this:



I got this 5 oz. tube for only Php145 or less than $3.50. Bought this for my daughter's use this summer and once she starts school in June because we will mainly walk to and from school since it's only a couple of blocks away (unless it's raining then we'll go by car). It's never too young for her to start using sunscreen. It's mainly for kids' and babies' faces and has SPF 20. It is waterproof, PABA and fragrance-free. It says "protection' because it's for drooling babies, he he. One of the main ingredients is Dimethicone to protect against the harsh effects of babies' drool on the skin.

Therefore, if it's good for babies, it's good for me! Dimethicone is one of the main ingredients in makeup primers so I can definitely use this for that purpose. I tried it out and it works just fine. It doesn't leave a white cast on the face like most sunscreens and I didn't break-out. It's also not heavy on the face although it's not as smooth as other primers (like Camellia Rose V2.0). This is what I used in my FOTD in this entry. At least now I have an alternate primer to use although I still need a moisturiser beneath this.
I think I'm going back to that store and hoard more tubes of this stuff (for me and DD). I tried searching for this online but I couldn't find it even in the Playtex Baby Magic website.

I was checking out sunscreens at Watson's yesterday. I wanted to try out Neutrogena Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 55 but heard not so good reviews on it at MUA si I skipped it. I also found Neutrogena's Cooling Gel sunblock SPF 30 (since gel sunblocks are better for oily-skinned gals like me) but when I tried it on my hand it balled up while I was rubbing it in.
This is what I ended up with yesterday:



Olay Complete Defense SPF 30+ for sensitive skin. Yahoo! An improvement to the regular Olay UV lotion that I use. Higher SPF and it's fragrance-free. My other Olay bottle is running low that's why I got this to use once the other is empty. I like this too because the bottle spout locks when twisted to the left.
Nevertheless, the hunt still continous because I want an all-purpose one: moisturiser, high SPF and PRIMER for mmu purposes.

No comments: