Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 29, 2007

MAD Liquid Foundation

I completely forgot to write an entry about this when I tested it a few weeks ago.

I got myself the 03-W of MAD's liquid foundation since I have medium/yellow tones to my skin. It was a sample bottle for $2.95 good for around 5 applications (or more?). It has been a long time since I tried using liquid foundation (way back when I haven't discovered mmu) so I wasn't used to applying it.

So, I applied it using my clean fingers. It felt a bit heavy on my face, like I was wearing a mask. The coverage however was sheer to medium but I am sure that with a few more layers coverage can be heavier. After around 30 minutes I felt beads of sweat forming on my forehead and upper lip. The weather at the time I was testing was cool and raining so I definitely did not feel warm. I guess it was the foundation and the "heavy" feeling I was describing earlier causing me to sweat.

The effect, however, was what I wanted--> very smooth, flawless looking skin! The color I chose looked a bit light on me so maybe a mix of 03-W and a little bit of the darker 04-W would have made it better. Or a bit of bronzer could have done the trick!

In the pictures I am only wearing the liquid foundation and MAC tinted lip conditioner in Petting Pink.

See the slight demarcation of the face and neck color from the foundation? I need a darker color but there is a slight glow which I like. It isn't shiny or oily-looking.

The liquid foundation also has a lot of benefits as indicated on the website:
-Anti-Aging
-Healing Properties
-High in Antioxidants
-Renews Collagen
-Hydrates
-Nourishes Skin
-Diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
-Protects against environmental damage

Maybe if used continuously, these properties could be achieved.

I don't think I will be getting a full size of this one since I prefer my powder foundation which feels lighter on my face. Maybe there are other liquid minerals that feel lighter?


*********************************

I went dress hunting the other day for my husband's oath-taking this Saturday. (Actually, he asked me to get myself a dress :-) )

I found a dress I liked on a store mannequin and tried it on . The thing is there were only 2 pcs. of said dress and the other one has been bought a few days ago. I was so lucky that the last piece fit me perfectly! Here's a pic as seen on the website of Grab.


The dress I bought is the short black and white printed one on the left.

Grab is an Australian brand that makes really great-fitting jeans (I don't have 1 yet since it's so expensive) and nice clothes: Grab clothing
Can't wait to wear it this Saturday. I still don't know what mmu I'll be using but I'll take pics for sure.

No comments: