Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 12, 2007

OCM?

A few months ago I read about the Oil Cleansing Method on Mineral Makeup Talk. There were a lot of rave reviews on how it helped their very oily or acne-prone skin be less oily. Most used a combination of castor oil and EVOO or jojoba oil. Since I didn't have any Castor oil at the time, I tried using jojoba oil as an added moisturiser at night. I just put 3 drops on my palm then applied on my face after washing. It made my skin softer but did nothing for my very oily skin. Then again, it wasn't OCM.

I came across the OCM a few days ago at a friend's blog where she used Castor oil and EVOO. Since I went to the drugstore the other day and spotted a bottle of castor oil on my way to the cashier, I got a small bottle to try out.

Hmm...I wasn't sure if I should add EVOO but further research I made indicated that if skin is oily, jojoba would be a better alternative than EVOO. So there. I made a mixture of Castor oil 75% and jojoba oil 25%. I put a coin sized amount in my palm and massaged it all over my face. This was followed by putting a warm washcloth on the face a few times then rinsing. until I don't feel the oil anymore.

I've been doing this for 2 nights now and so far, I think, there is less oil on my face. Or is it my imagination? I didn't have any breakouts *knocks on wood* and my face does feel so soft after. I 'll probably see more results in a week or so.

I got another bottle of jojoba oil since I was running low on my old bottle. This time it's Desert Essence. The 1st was Jason's.

Have any of you had any experience with OCM?

Edit to add:
I found this site.
http://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com/

Just not sure if she's the one who made the original article.

No comments: