Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Palmer's Cocoa Butter SPF 15


I ran out of my body lotion with SPF so I went to Rustan's and got me the Palmer's Cocoa Butter w/ Vit. E SPF 15.

I like 2-in-1 (or 3-in-1) products because they are easier to use. I put on sunblock even on my body (arms, neck and legs) everyday (well, most of the time if I don't forget or I just don't if I'll only be staying home that day). I saw this product on their shelves months ago and promised to get it as soon as I ran out of what I was currently using (another promise is to use up what I currently have before buying something else!).

The bottle is 8.5 oz or 250ml for Php495. It has broad-spectrum UVA/UVB protection that soothes marks and tones skin.





With a promise like that, who wouldn't want to try it?






"This product not tested on animals" is what's written on the bottle that was partially covered by my watermark.

Initially I found it a bit greasy but I seem to have put on too much on my arm. The next day that I used it I applied just a little less than coin size and it was absorbed well. My skin is very soft each time I use this and it does soothe my dry heels and elbows. I haven't used it that long yet to review it's skin toning and scar soothing qualities. I'll probably update that some other time.

The smell is so good- the typical Palmer's scent of cocoa or chocolate if you don't mind smelling like one. Since I love foodie scents this went well with me. After a few hours the cocoa smell turns "beachy" to me - like a sunscreen smell but less offensive and very faint. Maybe it's just my body chemistry reacting with the scent. At least my skin is still soft hours later.

Much as I wanted to use a higher SPF, this would do for now because the weather is so hot to put on 2 different lotions. The big bottle would also last long considering it's price (although it is cheaper in the US than here).

SPF15 is better than none. Don't forget to use sunscreen daily.

No comments: