Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Stila Cheek Duo


Stila's Cheek Duo in Pink Glow.


"Nothing says sunkissed like delicately flushed and blushed cheeks. Designed to work with any of the eyeshadow trios, this cheek color duo has been baked on a terra cotta disk for a sheer, never chalky application. The duo includes beautiful shimmering bronze and rose shades."




I love it! It has 2 shades of pink in 1 pan with one a light pink and the other a more bronzey one. It costs Php 995 (around $20) at local Stila counters. I got mine at Gateway more than a week ago. The girls at Girltalk say it's been out of stock since. I'm lucky to be able to get it when the counter has been open for just a couple of days yet. (Most of the testers even of the lip glazes were unused and I was the first one to use them!).





This Cheek Duo has an aluminum casing (they previously used the cardboard casing) with the blush in a dome shape like other baked blushes (MAC, Laura Geller). It looks shimmery at first but it isn't. It applies and blends well on the cheek and is pigmented. Once applied it gives a natural glow or a slight sheen, like radiance blushes of mineral makeup companies (which I am a fan of). The good thing is it lasts for more than half a day on my oily skin.

The lighter shade can be used as highlight and the darker one as contour for the cheeks. I wish Stila had other shades of the baked blush but there is only 1 for the Cheek Duo. The other blushes are in the pans or palettes and the lip and cheek stain.


Swatch:

No breakouts or itchies the whole week I've been using it. I'll definitely use this the whole month coz I'm promising myself to use 1 blush for a whole month. That way I'll get to use more of each blush and rotate them all.

Since Stila says this goes well with any of the baked eyeshadow trios, that's definitely going on my to-buy list (even if I said no more eye shadows!). I've been lemming for those since last year.

FOTD:


Face:
Stila Oil-free Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30 in Medium 03
Dreamworld Cream Topping Clay/Silica (I forgot what shade)

blush:
Stila Cheek Duo in Pink glow (both shades mixed)

eyes:
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers in Sand

lips:
Avon Glazewear lipgloss in Darling Pink

No comments: