Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 24, 2008

LA Minerals Review

I am roadtesting my LA Minerals samples today. The shade match I got is Medium Warm although Medium Dark Warm doesn't look way off. To the untrained mmu eye it's still a match (but we know how OC we mmu users are LOL!).

In the photo: Medium Warm on your left (my right) and Medium Dark Warm on your right (my left).


LA Minerals



Medium Warm (L) vs. Med-Dark Warm (R)

The powder is finely milled and applied smoothly. I applied mine dry with a Lumiere flat-top brush in 2 layers, no primer, no finishing powder. Coverage is medium and not as matte as I want it to be but it's not glowy either. I have it on for an hour now and no itchies so far.

***
I picked up my DD and walked under the mid-morning sun, sweated a lot and the foundation is still intact. Actually the powder melded more on my skin creating a more flawless finish but I look a bit oily (coz I don't have primer or FP on). I'll try applying it wet next time. Even with sweating I didn't have any itchy reaction which is a plus.

I also tried out the LA Minerals Lush Blush in Pimped Mauve which is a matte blush. Swatching it on my arm it applied a bit powdery and light. Initially I thought it wouldn't show up on me. On my cheeks it applied very matte the way I want the foundation to have been. It is not as pigmented as other mmu blushes like Cory or Lumiere and I needed the same amount I would have used for both cheeks in these brands for just 1 cheek with LA Minerals. It looked a bit powdery on me but maybe the color I chose made it appear more natural.

Pimped Mauve blush:
without flash

with flash

After sweating it out, the blush is still present :-)

Here are a few swatches:
Top to bottom: Bronzed Babe in Lit Up, Pimped Mauve, On Stage Illuminizer


with flash



no flash

Lit Up is a bit shimmery for me to be used as an all-over bronzer. On Stage Illuminizer is also too shimmery. These both should be applied with a light hand and with a fiber optic brush. I prefer my bronzers matte or a bit creamy/dewey that it can be used all over as a contour and look natural and my illuminizers or highliters on the other hand, to be more of a sheen or with just a bit of glow.

I haven't tried the Oil control powder yet but I will soon.
Have any of you tried this brand?

No comments: